The UCSB Enterprise Data Services team supports decision making and business process improvements by providing access to quality, timely, consistent, and secure sources of information through Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
Organizational Metadata, Data Governance, and Access Management
- Manages a comprehensive catalog comprised of data dictionaries, metadata, and documentation for customers to better understand and leverage campus data assets.
- In partnership with campus data stewards, establishes appropriate uses, defines access requirements, and monitors data quality.
Data Management, Warehousing, and Aggregation
- Manages the acquisition, organization, integration, and secure storage of mission-critical data from systems of record, including financial, payroll, human resources, space, and institutional data.
- Creates data structures and models which are available through a variety of access methods and tools.
- Delivers data using standard reports, system data interfaces, and self-service business intelligence and reporting tools.
Consultation and Analysis
- Promotes a business intelligence and process improvement culture by ensuring awareness of available resources and capabilities of data assets and reporting tool sets.
- Collaborates with customers, subject matter experts, and data stewards to identify opportunities to provide business insights through new or improved data sources, data models, reports, and analytics.